05/08/20 Quiz questions
Creative Options Wednesday 5th August 2020 Quiz Questions - Answers to be posted on Thursday 13th August 2020
1. On this day in 1620, the Pilgrims left Southampton for America. They made their transatlantic voyage on two ships, the Speedwell and which other iconic ship?
2. If you dug a hole through the centre of the earth, starting from Wellington in New Zealand, which country would you end up in?
3. What breed of dogs does Queen Elizabeth II own?
4. Which iconic 1960s lighting object was invented and made in Poole?
5. Which famous American astronaut and aeronautical engineer, celebrated as being the first person to walk on the Moon, was born on this day in 1930?
6. Does the pupil of the eye get smaller or larger when exposed to bright light?
7. In the song, how did The Bangles walk?
8. Amongst other beautiful gardens, Compton Acres features a Japanese garden. The blossom of which tree draws crowds of visitors every spring in Japan?
9. Yesterday was International Day of Italian Cuisine. What is the name of the southern Italian cheese traditionally made from buffalo's milk?
10. Which tree yields a sugary sap that tastes great with pancakes?
11. H is the chemical symbol for which element?
12. Which fish has different species called Pink, Sockeye and Atlantic?
13. In which country was the film ‘Amelie’ made?
14. Which bird is also another name for the castle piece on a chessboard?
15. In which city is the Vatican City?
Leave a Reply.