Creative Options Wednesday 29th July 2020 Quiz Questions - answers to follow on Wednesday 5th August
1. On this day in 1836, the Arc de Triomphe was inaugurated in which city?
2. Which London football team’s badge features a cannon?
3. It is International Tiger Day today. True or False: Tigers are the largest cat species in the world?
4. Tiger urine has an unusual smell. Does it smell of (a) chocolate, (b) candyfloss or (c) buttered popcorn?
5. 39 years ago today, a worldwide TV audience of over 700 million people tuned in to watch the wedding of which couple?
6. What breed of dog better known for being a mountain rescue dog, was rescued from Scafell Pike in Cumbria last weekend?
7. “Under the Sea” is a song from which Disney movie?
8. Which band were at number one 35 years ago today with “There Must Be an Angel (Playing with My Heart)”?
9. Sally Gunnell was born on this day in 1966. Which athletic specialty is she associated with?
10. A Chinook is what type of what vehicle?
11. What is the word used to describe the anagram puzzle used at the end of every game of Countdown?
12. What colour is the Piccadilly Line on the map of the London Underground?
13. Which is bigger, a porpoise or an orca?
14. What country has a geothermal spa called The Blue Lagoon?
15. What common object is this a close up of?