This is a good time for new people to start so spread the word but do get people to contact in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to book a free taster session
We will keep on informally , revising old tunes, learning some new ones. Putting together a playlist of performing songs , slowly starting to work towards a summer performance.
Outdoor performance to be organised for Summer term (possibly Mottisfont or Tools for Self Reliance which would be very appropriate for some African songs )
Bird songs ; The Lark it sang melodious… Hear the sweet birds sing , Cuckoo round, 3 little birds
We will sing May the road rise with you ( Music by Nickomo words traditional Celtic Blessing) again and revise the final section a few more times to establish it .
And go back to May you see diamonds By Ali Burns that we were singing before lockdown. ( attached below)
And how many of you remember Up above my head? ( Gospel song from Southern States of America)
We’ll also dig out I can hear a train a comin’ ( Nickomo)
Lets learn We got all the love , by Helen Yeomans
And I learnt several inspiring songs at the Natural Voice Gathering I would like to teach
Alison has got a barbershop tag to teach and would like to revive Hazrat Bibi and learn an Arabic chant ( both Nickomo’s Harmonic Temple) and more!
And maybe we will use some more of the songs we learnt in the Zoom group ( Force of love... Mother Julian of Norwich and Penny Stone and the Gospel song Move when the spirit says move
Requests for other songs welcome
SHAPE OF SESSION NB Earlier Start 7.15pm for a chat ... 7.30 singing start
I have had general feedback that people like finishing at 9pm. And it would be good to have more singing time So NB earlier start time
7.15- 7.30 informal chat time
7.30- 8.15 sing
8.15- 8.25 break outside
8.25- 9 pm sing
Bring your own hot drinks
FEES 10 week term ending 7th April
Blue Sky is a community of singers, we all need each other to sing in harmony. The sessions run no matter how many people turn up and we need to pay the hall rental, licences for songs, public liability insurance, and for the time and expertise and ongoing professional development of the teachers. So we need a steady guaranteed income in order to keep the sessions going.
This term we ask for 1 payment of £30 at the start of term and another of £30 half way through. ie in total 10 sessions @ £6 per session.
If you’re hard up then 2 payments of £20 over the term is OK
£7 per individual session ( if you are hard up £5)
( if this is a problem for you , come and talk to me. No one should be excluded because of the cost. )
WHAT WE OFFER
The Natural Voice approach to singing , www.naturalvoice.net with the belief that everyone can sing, that singing is our birthright , that expressing yourself through song is more important than worrying what sound you make ( and it probably sounds much better than you think)
· An accepting and supportive environment for anyone who wants to sing.
· No auditions, just come and sing, people with less experience or confidence supported by the rest of the group
· Friendly group , companionship, fun.
· Health Benefits of singing together which can lift depression, and relieve stress.
· Songs taught by ear, no need to read music or have any previous experience
You will not have to sing by yourself.
· The joy of hearing unaccompanied voices in glorious harmony and being part of it
· A few stretches and voice exercises to get the vocal chords warmed up.
· Opportunities for exploring your voice, experimenting with different ways of singing
· Occasional informal community performances.
· Covid precautions as judged appropriate.
· Songs to inspire, soothe, delight and amuse , raise you up, calm you down
Feel good songs with positive messages , Easy songs , and some more challenging ( but worth the effort)
· Appreciating and Honouring Songs from other cultures, increasing our knowledge and understanding of the world we share .