Creative Options Wednesday 22nd July 2020 Quiz Questions with answers to be posted on the Blog on Monday 3rd August.
1. Jimmy Hill was born on this day in 1928. With which sport is he associated with?
2. What unusual object named Neowise can be seen in the sky at the moment?
3. An aftershock can sometimes follow what natural disaster?
4. In legend, who or what was Excalibur?
5. What is the flower-shaped ribbon awarded at gymkhanas called?
6. What are the two main colours of the Argentinian flag?
7. What is a peregrine?
8. The song “Tomorrow” comes from which musical?
9. How many creatures give their name to Chinese years?
10. Fill in the blank: On this day in 1598, William Shakespeare registered the copyright of his play called The Merchant of ______.
11. In anatomy, what is the common name for the patella?
12. In which month would you celebrate Hogmanay?
13. Which food has varieties called romaine, cos and little gem?
14. In which country is Uluru, also known as Ayer’s Rock?
15. Which ruler referred to the English as a “nation of shopkeepers”?